Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a sweet, yet lightly spicy cold noodle salad that is packed with flavor. The vegetables used also make it very pretty as well as giving it a nice crunch factor. We make a big bowl and keep it in the fridge.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked thin spaghetti
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion, chopped (either red or Walla Walla)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 -6 drops fire oil or 4 -6 drops chili oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook spaghetti 8-9 minutes in salted, boiling water, drain and have sitting in ice water until ready to use.
- Mix sauce ingredients in small bowl and microwave for 1 minute to thin honey and fuse flavors.
- Drain noodles and place in large bowl, add veggies, sesame seeds and cilantro. Whisk sauce well and drizzle over. Add peanuts and mix until the coating on the peanuts dissolves.
- Additional vegetables can be added such as peas, zucchini, and snow pea pods. The longer this sits the better it tastes. Keep covered in the fridge.