Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Can be used for pork, chicken or beef cubes! I had this on a recipe card but haven't made it yet. This has to marinate but it can be from 1 hour to overnight. Skewers should be grilled.
- 2 lbs meat, cubed 1-inch
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- bamboo skewer
- In a bowl, mix the meat cubes with the rest of the spices, seasoning and coconut milk.
- Let it marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
- To freeze ahead: Place in a ziplock bag and freeze.
- To heat: Thaw, and continue with cooking directions.
- When ready to grill, soak skewers in cold water and dry.
- Drain the meat and discard the marinade.
- Place 4 cubes of meat on a skewer and grill for 4-5 minutes per side over a hot flame.
I tried this with both boneless chicken breast and sirloin tips. I liked the chicken much much better. I have to agree with JillAZ that this had more of a curry flavor than a "Thai" flavor. Very good!
I made a huge batch of this and did half on skewers on the grill. It was delightful! The other half I froze. I thawed it yesterday and put it in the crockpot with a chopped onion. (It took about 7 hours on low) I served that over rice, and oh, wow. That was great too! Thanks for a very versatile recipe!
This recipe was very tasty. I used chicken breast for the meat. It has a taste that reminds me a little of a mild curry. Not too spicy. I put the chicken in a freezer bag, added the marinade and froze. Then just put it in the fridge to thaw the night before I wanted to cook it. I grilled and served with steamed asparagus and broccoli. This was very easy and quite tasty. Warning: the turmeric turns the marinade bright yellow. Use gloves when threading the meat on skewers if you don't wish to have yellow fingernails for a day or two!