Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This I just cut out of the newspaper coupon section...LOL. I LOVE coupons!! It is by Spice Islands and sounds lovely. I have some shrimp in the freezer and I am thinking about making this next week. It can be used on shrimp, chicken, pork, or whatever you have in mind.
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, shallots and crushed red peppers.
- Cook 3-4 minute until vegetables are tender.
- Pour in corn syrup, vinegar, apple juice, lime zest, lime juice, thyme, salt, and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is reduced to thick syrup, about 20-25 minute.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Brush glaze over grilled shrimp, chicken, pork, or whatever you feel like.