Recipe by Pets'R'us
Easy to make, appetizer or finger food, these hot and spicy little fish cakes are not only delicious but also healthy, and kind on the waistline!!!
Top Review by Peter Pan
The cakes were so delicious, and made good appertizer. However, I think I need a binding ingredient since my cakes were falling apart when I tried to turn them over. I added a teaspoon of cornstarch to the second batch, and that really helped. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 lb white fish fillet
- 1 red chili peppers or 1 green chili pepper, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 2 ounces green beans, chopped very finely
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, and roots chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 4 -5 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded or 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste, more if you like it really hot
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the fish into chunks, put in your food processor with the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, and blend using the on/off technique until you have a minced texture but not a paste.
- Remove from the food-processor bowl to another dish.
- Take approx a dessert spoon full of the fish mix, with wet hands form into balls then flatten them with the palm of your hand into cakes.
- Leave them in the fridge, covered, to firm up for an hour or more.
- When ready to cook, heat up the oil and fry the little cakes about 1 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper kitchen towel.
- Serve with a Thai dipping sauce**There several recipes on the site.