1/1 Photo of Spicy Thai Eggplant & Tofu
Momma Emi's Note:
This meal is quick, easy and is very pleasing to the palate. It's always a hit in my house. My brother, who is a vegetarian made this for me a few years ago and I have added a little to it. Thanks Trev!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put water on to boil according to rice noodle directions.
- 2Food prep: Slice tofu into bite sized pieces, cut eggplant into bite sized pieces, dice onion & mince garlic.
- 3In a large skillet, add EVOO, garlic and onions. Allow to cook for 2 minutes to soften.
- 4Add tofu, eggplant, brocoli, spice & enough peanut sauce to coat (this should all simmer for about five minutes).
- 5When noodles are finished, add noodles to mix and toss in peanuts and/or cashews as well as more peanut sauce if needed to coat.
- 6Bon apetit!
- 7*I use the microwave bags of brocoli to keep from dirtying another dish. Also, my husband likes chicken in his, so I will sometimes cook a chicken breast in the EVOO before preparing the meal and then slice that up to add to his bowl.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Thai Eggplant & Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 233.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.7 g