Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This meal is quick, easy and is very pleasing to the palate. It's always a hit in my house. My brother, who is a vegetarian made this for me a few years ago and I have added a little to it. Thanks Trev!
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1⁄2 eggplant
- 1⁄2 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 dash red peppers or 1 dash cayenne
- 16 ounces rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup peanut sauce
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked broccoli
- Put water on to boil according to rice noodle directions.
- Food prep: Slice tofu into bite sized pieces, cut eggplant into bite sized pieces, dice onion & mince garlic.
- In a large skillet, add EVOO, garlic and onions. Allow to cook for 2 minutes to soften.
- Add tofu, eggplant, brocoli, spice & enough peanut sauce to coat (this should all simmer for about five minutes).
- When noodles are finished, add noodles to mix and toss in peanuts and/or cashews as well as more peanut sauce if needed to coat.
- Bon apetit!
- *I use the microwave bags of brocoli to keep from dirtying another dish. Also, my husband likes chicken in his, so I will sometimes cook a chicken breast in the EVOO before preparing the meal and then slice that up to add to his bowl.
Delicious! It was very easy to make and was very tasty. I missed the broccoli in the recipe (oops!) so I substituted shredded cabbage. Also, I can't find rice noodles in my town so I used homemade whole wheat linguini. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. This will be a regular recipe in my house.
Fantastic!!! My hubby loves Thai food and I've never made it before. This was so easy! I did substitute 2 jalapeños for the chili because I needed to use them and it came out great. I also added strips of flat iron steak. If I make this again I will double the broccoli - I love the veggies and maybe add something mildly sweet. Thanks for an easy recipe for Thai lovers!