Recipe by MinatheBrat
This stuff is addicting! I love eating it along side my rice as it has a real kick. This dish is -in my oppionion- along the lines of a kimchee- a sort of fresh, spicy, pickley, salady sort of thing. I've given some play with the garlic and the chile paste amounts so that you can make it milder.
Top Review by Stuffed
I have to agree with BerrySweet in that the fish sauce was a bit over powering. I used the full four tablespoons as I do enjoy fish sauce, but next time I make this I will cut back on the fish sauce a little. Otherwise very tasty!
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 small white onion
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber and slice paper thin.
- Slice the onion paper thin.
- Make the dressing with the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss the veggies with the dressing.
- Set in the fridge to marinate.
- I find that this salad improves with age as the cucumbers and onion soak up the flavors from the dressing, however if you slice your veggies thin enough, it's good enough to eat right away.