Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Truly yours Thai style !
Make and share this Spicy Thai Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped shallots or 1⁄4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1 fresh hot chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place sliced cucumber on a platter.
- Meanwhile combine vinegar, sugar, water and salt in a small saucepan and heat until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place shallots and chili pepper in vinegar mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture over cucumbers just before serving and sprinkle with peanuts and fresh cilantro.
- Don't be concerned about the strong smell when heating the vinegar.
Awesome salad - I used Splenda and it still turned out great. The cilantro is key.