Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A vegetarian version of my good friend's recipe. She said it tasted just like the stuff she had back in Thailand, except I've taken out the chicken and fish sauce and replaced it with lentils and soy sauce. Still excellent!
- Heat the oil in the pan. Add onion, grated carrot and red pepper. Simmer until onion is nearly translucent.
- Add minced garlic and simmer for one more minute.
- Add already-cooked brown rice, lentils, lemongrass, brown sugar, chili paste and broth.
- Stir and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add can of coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass stalks and enjoy!