Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A vegetarian version of my good friend's recipe. She said it tasted just like the stuff she had back in Thailand, except I've taken out the chicken and fish sauce and replaced it with lentils and soy sauce. Still excellent!
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup red lentil, cooked
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cracked so the inside shows
- 3 -4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can coconut milk
- Heat the oil in the pan. Add onion, grated carrot and red pepper. Simmer until onion is nearly translucent.
- Add minced garlic and simmer for one more minute.
- Add already-cooked brown rice, lentils, lemongrass, brown sugar, chili paste and broth.
- Stir and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add can of coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lemongrass stalks and enjoy!