Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/4 c. shrimp and 1 c. rice. Per serving: 457 calories, 8.1 g fat, 32.9 g protein, 57.8 g carb, 3.9 g fiber, 194 mg cholesterol.
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red curry paste (or chile paste with garlic)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced asparagus (1-inch slices)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- Cook the rice by following the package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, mix together the water and curry paste in a bowl; add shrimp, tossing to coat.
- Place a large nonstick frypan that has been coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp mixture and stir/saute for 4 minutes.
- Add in sliced asparagus and green onions; cover and cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Stir in the salt and coconut milk; coor for 3 minutes or until well heated (stir occasionally).
- Serve shrimp mixture over rice.
Good, very light and subtle. I used homemade curry paste; next time I'll probably double the paste for a spicier flavor. Served with basmati rice.