Top Review by EppiRN
Tasty, light and simple! I made as stated, except used ~1Tbsp red pepper flake instead of fresh Serrano, since I did not have one. Plenty of bite. I doubled the sauce (water, soy sauce & brown sugar) as suggested, but think I'll even triple it next time since I served over cooked soba noodles. Thanks for sharing!!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 serrano peppers or 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into big pieces
- 5 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, ginger and peppers in canola and sesame oils in a large wok or skillet for about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to high and add chicken. Stir-fry until chicken is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce, water and brown sugar. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 more minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Add in basil and scallions. Serve!