Prep 4 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Because one can never have enough wing or Thai recipes. No fresh lemongrass? Look in your grocer's produce department for lemongrass paste.
- 15 chicken wings, washed and cut into pieces (discard tips, trim fatty skin excess)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 small bunch cilantro, rinsed (stems included)
- 2 green chilies
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 lemons, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (optional garnishment)
- In a food processor, combined garlic, lemon grass, fresh ginger, cilantro, chilies, green onions, soy sauce, honey and lemon juice. Process until smooth; set aside.
- Place cut and trimmed wings into a plastic ziplock bag. Pour over marinade and refrigerate for at least 2 up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line the baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil.
- Drain wings and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and roast the wings until golden brown, about 35-40 minutes. Turn the chicken half way through the baking for even browning. May, also, be grilled.
- You could crisp up the skin by broiling the wings for a minute or two under the boiler. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.