Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad uses a bagged Italian salad as its base. If you love those Thai flavors of cilantro, bell peppers etc., you'll love this one. (5 servings yield about 3 cups of salad each).
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (7 ounce) package Italian salad mix
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- Prepare salad by combine salad ingredients in a bowl.
- To prepare dressing, combine lemon juice and remaining dressing ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad and toss well.
Yikes....this was sooo good! I did not change one thing, and would not change one thing. The flavors were subtle and added so much to the overall dish. We are low-carbing it, and this lovely salad was a wonderful addition to my t&t cookbook. Thanks, Sharlene for sharing this recipe.
Made this last week for a few friends. I really liked the concept but we ended up doctoring the sauce up with more honey, sesame oil, and black vinegar. Was really enjoyed, will make again and possibly add crunchy strips of wanton for an extra punch. Thanks for posting this healthly, no waiting, dinner/lunch option.