Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This wonderfully spicy and refreshing pizza is simple and very quick to make. Perfect for a light summer meal.
- 1 thin pizza crust (Boboli or other pre-baked crust)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup pre cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F; do not bake the Boboli yet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add garlic, gingerroot, peanut butter, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper flakes. Microwave until peanut butter is melted (about 1 minute). Mix well with a whisk.
- Take pre-baked pizza crust out of the package and top with peanut sauce, cheese, bell pepper and cooked chicken. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, prepare other vegetables.
- Remove crust from oven and top with remaining vegetables, peanuts and cilantro.
- Cut and serve immediately while the crust is still hot! Enjoy!
Tastes exactly like California Pizza Kitchen's Thai Chicken Pizza. I reserved a TBSP of the sauce base & lightly coated the chicken (MmmMmmmm!) I also used an extra 1/2 cup of chicken, 1/2 cup more orange bell pepper, and SHREDDED the carrots with a cheese grater (like CPK does) rather than chop it. Looks gorgeous & colorful coming out of the oven. Pizza with a peanut butter sauce base? ABSOLUTELY! I posted a pic of my masterpiece. ;) Enjoy.
I used a homemade crust and baked it topped with part-skim mozzarella, cooked chicken, and red peppers. The sauce was great with light peanut butter. It recieved the ultimate compliment in my house, "I'd eat that again!".
So easy and delicious! The hardest part was prepping and bagging the veggies. I used pita bread instead of pizza dough (for convenience). At home, I pan toasted the "pita pizza". At work, I toasted the pita bread, topped with sauce, cheese, and chicken, and popped in the microwave to melt the cheese. Then I topped it with the rest of the veggies. Yum!