This is a Spicy Dish! Lots of flavor!You can adjust the heat! Feel free to add more or less chili peppers (Thai Peppers).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 5 leaves fresh basil, ripped in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1 stalk of the bottom softer part lemongrass, rough outer leaves removed crushed and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (separated in half)
- 1 slice gingerroot, sliced finely
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in circles
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 -2 hot chili pepper, sliced very fine deviened and seeded
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1In a sauce pot simmer first 10 ingredients for 5 minutes.
- 2In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and quickly saute ginger, garlic, onion,& red peppers till crisp, add to coconut milk mixture.
- 3Add 1 tablespoon oil and brown chicken slices, 2 minutes, add to coconut mixture.
- 4Add the amount chili peppers to pot according to how hot you like your food!
- 5Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 6Serve with cooked jasmin rice.
- 7Topped with toasted pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Thai Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1026.4
- Calories from Fat 739
- Total Fat 82.2 g
- Saturated Fat 44.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 2444.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves