Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy introduction to Thai food. From www.RachaelRayShow.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon light vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon asian hot chili oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce, to taste
- 40 leaves fresh basil
- 1 handful cilantro
- Start rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok over high heat. Cut chicken into thin strips and chop into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken and stir fry until golden, 2-3 minutes. Push chicken off to sides of the skillet, and add onions and peppers to the center of the pan. Stir fry 2-3 minutes, then combine with meat.
- Add the garlic, bean sprouts and pepper, stir 1 minute, then add tamari and fish sauce. Adjust seasonings to taste and wilt in basil. Remove from heat and serve over rice. Garnish with chopped, salted peanuts and cilantro.