Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
For lean meat
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Puree red pepper with vinegar in a blender or food processor.
- Pour into a saucepan, add red pepper flakes, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the sauce cool.
- When cooled, stir in the sweetener.
- Broil chicken breasts for 10 minutes or until browned; turn chicken and broil approximately 5 minutes more.
- Place each chicken breast on a bed of rice.
- Divide spicy sauce and ladle over the top of the chicken.
I thought this did have some kick. I doubled the recipe thinking I might be able to get the kids to eat it, but found that it was too spicy for them. But I was glad I had doubled it as I just barely had enough for dh and me. So I think doubling it is a necessity. I used a combination of red, yellow, and orange peppers (that I removed from the freezer and thawed) and 1/2 tsp. of splenda because I didn't want it to be too sweet. I grilled the chicken instead of broiling it and served this over brown rice. A nice dinner.
I did not care for this recipe it was not spicey at all. It was more sweet then anything else.