Kevin Young's Note:
Very simple but delicious Thai salad. Great for a summer dinner or lunch. Slightly modified from a recipe in "Main Course Classics" by Jenni Fleetwood which is a great cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion (sliced thin)
- 2 small red chilies (slivered)
- 3 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms (sliced thin)
- 4 chopped scallions
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 head romaine lettuce (cut into 1 inch strips)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- 1Slice the steak into 1 inch pieces about 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Broil steak on each side 3-4 minutes (depending on how well you like your steak done).
- 3Heat olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- 4Add onions, chillies and mushrooms to frying pan and cook about 5 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and add beef, stirring to cover beef with mushroom mixture.
- 6Stir together scallions, garlic, lime juice, fish and oyster sauce, brown sugar, chili saucecilantro and sesame seeds.
- 7Add this mixture to the beef and mushrooms.
- 8Toss the lettuce and cucumbers together, place on plates then spoon warm steak mixture over the lettuce and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Thai Beef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.4
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 958.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 48.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: