Recipe by Jessi Garcia
It is spicy and it has such a great aroma and it has such a tantilizing taste.
Top Review by OCMom1
Great soup dish to use left over sirloin or other beef. I had about 1.5 cup left over shredded sirloin that went well. Followed recipe exactly. Next time would try snap peas in place of frozen peas, I think the sweeter taste would blend better
- 1 (6 ounce) package rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 4 medium scallions, green and white parts,divided and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 6 ounces lean beef round, pr sirloin,trimmed of fat and diced
- 7 cups nonfat beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Using sharp scissors, cut noodles into 3 inch (7. 5 cm) pieces Heating oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add white portion of onions, jalapenos and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Add beef and saute until browned all over, 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add borth and soy sauce and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 10 minutes (if neccessary, skim fat from the surface during cooking) Add noodles and peas and simmer until noodles are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add green portion of scallions, cilantro and pepper sauce.
- Serve hot.
- Yields about 1 cup per serving.