Jessi Garcia's Note:
It is spicy and it has such a great aroma and it has such a tantilizing taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 4 medium scallions, green and white parts,divided and chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 6 ounces lean beef round, pr sirloin,trimmed of fat and diced
- 7 cups nonfat beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1Using sharp scissors, cut noodles into 3 inch (7. 5 cm) pieces Heating oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add white portion of onions, jalapenos and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- 3Add beef and saute until browned all over, 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Add borth and soy sauce and bring mixture to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer 10 minutes (if neccessary, skim fat from the surface during cooking) Add noodles and peas and simmer until noodles are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and add green portion of scallions, cilantro and pepper sauce.
- 7Serve hot.
- 8Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Thai Beef-Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 217.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean beef round