Recipe by CandyTX
I believe this came out of an old weight watchers cookbook. I'm sure it's been changed a bit over the years, it's good!
Top Review by Sharon123
These were delicious! I have never had burgers like this, but plan to make these again! I halved the recipe, using the one egg, so just added about 4 more crushed saltines. Thanks so much!
- 11 ounces canned tuna, drained
- 2⁄3 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 12 saltines, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green chili pepper, chopped (small can)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed or diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tuna, milk powder, saltines, onion, chili peppers, and egg.
- Mix well and form into 6 equal burgers. Heat oil in pan, cook burgers.
- Transfer to oblong baking dish.
- Mix tomatoes and chili powder and pour over burgers.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake until cheese is melted.