Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really easy, fairly healthy and fresh recipe. Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs and I really love how these flavors come together. NOTE: Cooking time does not include marinating time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, vinegar and oil; mix well.
- Place chicken in a shallow pan. Pour marinade over chicken, stir to coat.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (go do some pilates or take a shower or something :D).
- Remove from fridge and add green pepper strips, red onion wedges and one jalepeno.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Combine together 1/2 chopped red onion, 1 jalepeno pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, chopped tomatoes and cilantro. Mix well.
- Remove chicken and veggies from heat and top with cilantro mixture.
- Serve with black beans and spanish rice.
- TIP: If you do not like spicy, seed the jalepenos first. The flavor will still be delicious.
Great recipe. Several people asked for the recipe. I doubled this recipe for a church potluck