Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Spicy meatloaf full of heat, cheese, beans, olives, cilantro and yumminess! Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce topped with cheese, sour cream, olives and salsa. Oh and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro or fresh parsley.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (hot or mild as you like)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup cubed cheddar cheese (size of dice)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F In heavy skillet, saute onion, garlic, and jalapeno in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes add bread crumbs.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, salsa, chili powder, refried beans, black olives, salt, cayenne pepper, cilantro and sauteed vegetables. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Add ground beef, pork and cubed cheese and mix gently but thoroughly with hands.
- Shape meat into a loaf and place on a pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, until internal temperatures registers 160°F Sprinkle meatloaf with shredded cheese and bake 5 minutes more until cheese melts. Place onto serving platter, cover with foil, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional salsa, sour cream, cheese and jalapenos!
We really enjoyed this meatloaf. It has a grocery list of ingredients, but it adds up to something very tasty. I tried it as written, on a bed of lettuce--reminiscent of a taco--but next time I think I will serve it with my Recipe #17126 for a more traditional meal.