Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Straight from Mexico's mission district!
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb spicy pork sausage
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 thinly sliced scallions or 1⁄4 green onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can refried beans
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1. In a large skillet, brown ground beef and sausage; drain. Add tomato, green onions, chili powder and garlic powder; blend well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Add refried beans and heat for 5 more minutes.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup of the meat mixture on each warm tortilla. Top with cheese and lettuce. Fold in one side, fold up bottom and fold over other side. Eat from open end.
Makes a great tasting Burrito! I live in Australia so had to substitute some of the ingredients as they not available (mainly Monterey Jack cheese used Tasty and Spicy pork sausage used Chorizo) but the result was yum. Already made it twice and making it again tomorrow. Definitely worth a try. Thanks for the recipe.