Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe in Gourmet Magazine
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes (about 35)
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilie
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup V8 vegetable juice or 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 3 tablespoons white tequila
- 1 tablespoon minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 35 fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- Cut off 1/4-inch from blossom end (opposite stem end) of each tomato and with a 1/4-teaspoon measure carefully scoop out seeds.
- Wearing rubber gloves, seed and mince jalapeño.
- In a small saucepan sprinkle gelatin over vegetable-juice cocktail or tomato juice and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Heat mixture over moderately low heat, stirring, until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in jalapeño and all remaining ingredients except tomatoes.
- Cool filling slightly.
- Using a small spoon and holding each tomato over saucepan, spoon filling into tomatoes, arranging tomatoes on a platter as filled.
- Chill tomatoes, covered, 4 hours, or until filling is set, up to 1 day.
- Garnish each tomato with a coriander leaf.