Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I got this recipe from the Hellmann's Mayonnaise website and I think that these are better than the ones served at my favourite restaurant. I always use light Hellmann's mayonnaise, and I usually do not coat them with additional bread crumbs when I make them.
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2-1 cup breadcrumbs
- In a small bowl, mix Hellmann's mayonnaise, lemon juice and lemon peel.
- In a larger bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise mixture, egg, green onions, garlic, basil, cayenne, salt and pepper. Gently fold in crab meat and 1/2 cup bread crumbs. Shape crab mixture into 8 patties and coat with bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook patties, 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve hot crab cakes with remaining lemon and mayonnaise mixture.