Recipe by juniperwoman
This is modified from a package of Turtle Island Tempeh. It was my first tempeh recipe, and it won't be my last. Yum!
Top Review by Atiekay
Yum, I love tempeh! I suggest marinating the tempeh for about 30 minutes in some lime juice before starting the recipe. I only used 1/2 of the jalapeno and made my own taco seasoning for this recipe (used about 1.5T instead of 3). Served the finished product in whole wheat tortillas with salsa, tomatoes and cheese. Thanks for a new way to make tempeh!
- 1 onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces tempeh (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 4 small tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil on medium high and add the onion, red pepper and jalapeno. Cook, stirring often, until the onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or two. Add the tempeh and cook, stirring often, about five minutes. Tempeh should get lightly browned.
- Add the taco seasoning and the oregano. Stir well, add the vegetable broth, and reduce hit to low.
- Heat until most of the liquid has evaporated. Place in tortillas and add chopped tomato and cheddar.
- Grill on a contact grill if desired (recommended!).