Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is modified from a package of Turtle Island Tempeh. It was my first tempeh recipe, and it won't be my last. Yum!
- 1 onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces tempeh (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 4 small tortillas
- Heat the oil on medium high and add the onion, red pepper and jalapeno. Cook, stirring often, until the onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute or two. Add the tempeh and cook, stirring often, about five minutes. Tempeh should get lightly browned.
- Add the taco seasoning and the oregano. Stir well, add the vegetable broth, and reduce hit to low.
- Heat until most of the liquid has evaporated. Place in tortillas and add chopped tomato and cheddar.
- Grill on a contact grill if desired (recommended!).