Recipe by Brenda.
Short on time? This tastey soup can be on the table in about 30 minutes. Hint: Put the beef in the freezer for 15-20 minutes prior to use to make slicing thin strips easier.
- 3⁄4 lb beef round tip steak, 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 (13 3/4-14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce uncooked angel hair pasta, broken up (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Steak(s)lengthwise in half, then crosswise into very thin strips. If the beef is not sliced thin, it will not cook through.
- In 3-qt. saucepan, combine broth, 1 1/2 cups water, mushrooms, carrots, 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add pasta; continue simmering 5 additional minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup water, and add mixture to soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir beef into soup.
- Immediately remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce and green onions.
- Serve immediately.