Recipe by echo echo
To make this a one-dish meal, add some vegetables of your choice. You could also add pineapple. If you don't like cilantro, leave it out, or if a whole bunch is too much for you, adjust amount to your taste. Ghee could be used in place of peanut oil.
Top Review by John B.
Hello echo_echo. Hello food.com. The first paragraph is broken, leaving out the info on how to incorporate the cumin, black pepper, coriander, and turmeric. I'm eager to try this. Please fix paragraph 1!
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch fresh gingerroot, peeled & grated
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 3 green chilies, seeded & chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Ina a dry skillet, cook red pepper flakes through turmeric, stirring, approximately 1 minute until aromatic.
- Add 2 Tbs oil to skillet, add onions and stir-fry about 4 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbs more oil, then add garlic through chicken plus half of chopped chilies.
- Stir-fry 8-10 minutes until chicken is golden.
- Add stock and 1½ c coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat& simmer 30-40 min until chicken is tender.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Add salt and rest of chopped green chili.
- Combine cornstarch with remaining coconut milk; stir into sauce.
- Increase heat and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Top with cilantro.
- Serve with rice.