Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup tamarind paste (or 1/4 c. tamarind concentrate)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tangy barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce, like sriracha (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil, plus some for salmon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine rum, tamarind, jalapeno, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, and sriracha in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat skillet with olive oil over medium-low, then add ginger and garlic; sautee 1-2 minutes.
- Add rum mixture to skillet and simmer (medium-low) for 15 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth, add to sauce, and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Place salmon filets in lightly greased baking dish.
- Rub salmon lightly with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over salmon.
- Bake 20-25 or until salmon flakes with a fork.