Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From 750 Best Appetizers
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a slow cooker, combine almonds and cayenne. Place a clean tea towel, folded in half, over the top to absorb moisture. Cover and cook on high for 45 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tamari and olive oil. Add to hot almonds and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Replace the tea towel. Cover and cook on high for 90 minutes until nuts are hot and fragrant, stirring every 30 minutes. Season with salt to taste.