Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from the Gooseberry's Patch cookbook "Super-Fast Slow Cooking". Super easy and tasty too! Great for those football or hockey crowds. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 10 ounces can tomatoes and green chilies
- corn chips
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for one to 2 hours, until heated through and cream cheese is melted.
- Serve with corn chips.
I have to admit that I was only so-so about this recipe, but I made it for a potluck and was asked for the recipe, so I'm splitting the difference. My issues with the recipe are that it was very salty and that it was very thick. At home I could have thinned it out more easily, but I had thrown the ingredients in the crock and just taken them to work. When I took the rest of it home, I thinned it down and added some chopped fresh tomato and it was a bit more appealing. If I were to make this again, I would use less cream cheese (or add some unsalted broth or even water) and I would make my own sausage, probably use some fresh tomato with it, or perhaps just use fresh tomato and chiles. Thank you for posting, it is a great last minute appetizer when you need one.
Simple and delicious! It was a big hit at our football party. Thanks for sharing!