Recipe by DailyInspiration
From my B H & G Ultimate Appetizer cookbook. This sounds so interesting as it is rolled in crushed corn chips. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I brought this to a party. Some people liked it. Some people said it could use a little stronger taco flavor. I tend to agree with that. Chef pammyowl added a packet of taco seasoning. Good idea. I love the idea of rolling the cheese log in the crushed Fritos.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded (Taco-flavored)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- tortilla chips, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl let cream cheese, taco cheese and butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add milk and worcestershire sauce. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in green onion and chile peppers. Cover an chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Shape cheese mixture into a log about 9 inches long. Combine crushed corn chips and cilantro; roll cheese log in corn chip mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.