Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my B H & G Ultimate Appetizer cookbook. This sounds so interesting as it is rolled in crushed corn chips. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded (Taco-flavored)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn chips, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl let cream cheese, taco cheese and butter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add milk and worcestershire sauce. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in green onion and chile peppers. Cover an chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Shape cheese mixture into a log about 9 inches long. Combine crushed corn chips and cilantro; roll cheese log in corn chip mixture. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
I brought this to a party. Some people liked it. Some people said it could use a little stronger taco flavor. I tend to agree with that. Chef pammyowl added a packet of taco seasoning. Good idea. I love the idea of rolling the cheese log in the crushed Fritos.
Yum yum! A perfect food for Football parties or casual gatherings. The only change I made was that I used grated cheddar and threw in a packet of taco seasoning. A real winner, thanks for posting!