I got this off food network, very spicy and very messy, but also very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup daikon radish, shredded (I used just regular radish)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup scallion, chopped (about 3)
- 1/4 cup szechuan sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 1Split boneless chicken in half. It too thick, pound out to make thinner.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together radish, carrots, bean sprouts and scallions. Add Szechwan sauce.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together five-spice, cayenne, salt and pepper. Season chicken lightly with rub. Cut the chicken into strips.
- 4In a large skillet over high heat, add the oil. Once hot, sear the chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Add butter and lemon to pan and baste the chicken for another minute. Remove chicken to a platte to let cool.
- 5Once cooled, dice or shred chicken.
- 6Place a spoonful of the vegetable mixture and the shredded chicken onto each leaf or lettuce. Roll and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Szechwan Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder