1/6 Photos of Spicy Szechwan Chicken
This is out of my "Hot Barbecue" cookbook. It says that if you omit the green onions and cilantro you can make a large batch of the marinade and it will keep indefinitely in the refrigerator, just add the green onion and cilantro to the portion that you use that day. It is excellent on spareribs and firm-fleshed fish. Serve with fried rice and a salad. The cooking time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 frying chickens, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, very finely minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro stem, chopped
- 1Rinse the chicken pieces, pat dry, and place in a bowl.
- 2Combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- 3Add the marinade to the chicken and coat the pieces evenly.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- 5To grill: Heat grill to medium temperature and brush the cooking rack with oil, then lay the chicken skin-side up in the center of the rack.
- 6Cover the grill and regulate the heat so that it remains at a medium temperature.
- 7Grill the chicken for about 12 minutes on each side.
- 8The chicken is done when the breasts register 160° and the thighs register 170° on a meat thermometer.
- 9As the chicken cooks, brush on the remaining marinade.
- 10To roast: Preheat the oven to 425°.
- 11Roast the chicken until the juices run clear when the meat is prodded deeply with fork, about 30 minutes.
- 12During roasting, brush with the marinades.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Szechwan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.4
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 905.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce