1/4 Photos of Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Stir-Fry (Low Fat)
Asian chili-garlic sauce may be found in the Asian section of any major supermarket or in any Asian grocery store, If you like more heat then increase the red pepper flakes, but be careful as the chili-garlic sauce is spicy also! The shrimp needs to marinate for 30 minutes, prep time includes marinating time, you may want to double this it very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 680.38 g uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 22.18-29.58 ml fresh minced ginger
- 14.79 ml fresh minced garlic
- 2.46-4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 22.18 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml asian chili-garlic sauce
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 7 green onions, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 1In a bowl toss shrimp with sherry, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; whisk to dissolve the cornstarch; set aside.
- 3In another small bowl combine soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce and sugar; set aside.
- 4Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil a wok or large heavy frypan.
- 5Add in the red bell pepper and stir-fry until crisp-tender (about 4 minutes).
- 6Add in the shrimp (coated with marinade) and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 7Add in green onions; stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
- 8Add in soy sauce mixture, and the cornstarch/broth mixture; cook until thickened (about 1 minute).
- 9Transfer to a bowl and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Stir-Fry (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.7
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 214.8 mg
- Sodium 1442.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: