Recipe by DailyInspiration
From Weight Watchers --282 Cal., 7 g total fat, 1 g. sat fat, 0 g trans fat, 63 mg. chol., 304 mg. Sod., 28 g. carb., 6 g sugar, 4 g. fiber, 28 g. prot., 72 mg. Calc.
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice (quick cooking)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into thin strips (boneless, skinless)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (plus 2 tsp.)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (dark)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (3 cups)
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, orange zest, 1 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoons soy sauce in a large bowl and toss to coat. Combine orange juice, broth, honey, sesame oil, pepper flakes, remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch and remaining 1 tablespoons soy sauce in small bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoons canola oil in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until very hot. Add chicken and stir fry until lightly browned, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Return skillet to heat and add remaining 1 teaspoons canola oil. Add ginger and garlic; stir fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir in broccoli and carrots and stir fry until broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Pour in orange juice mixture; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Divide chicken mixture and rice among 4 plates.