1/3 Photos of Spicy Szechuan Beef
Vicki in CT's Note:
This has been a favorite for years. Did not include marinating time in prep time. If you do not like too much spice, cut back on the cayenne pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb round steak, cut into thin slivers
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 2 cups celery, julienned
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 green onions, julienned
- steamed white rice
- 1Combine 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoons oil, white pepper, and cornstarch to form marinade. Add beef and let stand 30 minutes, or longer.
- 2Combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sugar, hoisin sauce, and cayenne. Reserve.
- 3Heat remaining oil in skillet over high heat. Add beef and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile add vegetables to meat. Stir fry until just done, crisp tender.
- 5Add prepared sauce. Cook until heated through, about 30 seconds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Szechuan Beef
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.5
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 2049.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 16.3 g