Recipe by Sharon123
From Food Network's Big Daddy's House with Aaron McCarty(winner of The Next Food Network Star), this is yummy and pairs well with Lemon Pepper Orzo and Blackened Salmon with Blue Cheese Sauce.
Top Review by KKrazyKook
This was my first experience with Swiss Chard. Your recipe was great, but I was taking it to a potluck so I made it a bit more colorful and substantial by adding red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers, a big Vidalia onion, and some extra garlic along with some Italian seasoning and an extra pinch of the crushed red pepper. Fabulous! I posted a photo.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch swiss chard, stems removed and leaves chopped into thin strips (or 2 bunches spinach)
- splash white wine (or wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over high heat, add oil, red pepper flakes and garlic and toast the garlic until golden brown(watch carefully, don't let it burn!).
- Add the chard or spinach and toss quickly.
- Stir in a splash of white wine.
- Cook and toss until liquid evaporates and greens are wilted.
- Add the sugar, season with salt and serve. Enjoy!