1/1 Photo of Spicy Swiss Bliss Venison or Pork Chops
2 hrs 15 mins
I received this recipe from a co-worker. It is a really great way to serve venison, but if you prefer, pork chops work just as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs venison, cut into 1 inch thick chunks or 2 lbs pork chops, sliced 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes or 1 (10 ounce) can any brand tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drain and reserve juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce or 1 tablespoon steak sauce, of choice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 1Line a 13X9 inch casserole dish with foil- this foil has to be large enough to fold over and seal tightly after the food is arranged in the dish.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 3Spread center of foil with margarine.
- 4Cut steak into serving portions and arrange, slightly overlapping on foil.
- 5Sprinkle with onion soup mix, green pepper, tomatoes and seasonings.
- 6Mix the Steak Sauce with the reserved tomato juice and cornstarch.
- 7Pour over meat and vegetables.
- 8Bring foil up over and double fold edges to seal tightly.
- 9Bake 2 hours.
- 10Roll back foil and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Swiss Bliss Venison or Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 890.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce