I received this recipe from a co-worker. It is a really great way to serve venison, but if you prefer, pork chops work just as well.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs venison, cut into 1 inch thick chunks or 2 lbs pork chops, sliced 1/2 to 1 inch thick
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes or 1 (10 ounce) canany brand tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drain and reserve juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce or 1 tablespoon steak sauce, of choice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Line a 13X9 inch casserole dish with foil- this foil has to be large enough to fold over and seal tightly after the food is arranged in the dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread center of foil with margarine.
- Cut steak into serving portions and arrange, slightly overlapping on foil.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix, green pepper, tomatoes and seasonings.
- Mix the Steak Sauce with the reserved tomato juice and cornstarch.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bring foil up over and double fold edges to seal tightly.
- Bake 2 hours.
- Roll back foil and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.