Recipe by twissis
From the *Best Ever Chicken* Cookbook edited by Linda Fraser -- Per the intro, "This is a very quick & easy soup, made in minutes. If you use frozen shrimp, defrost them b4 adding to the soup." *Enjoy* !
Top Review by loof
What a great recipe! I needed a quick and satisfying meal after a day of holiday shopping and this soup was stove-to-table in 15 minutes! I used Thai garlic chili paste and the spiciness was great with the sweet corn and shrimp. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil or 1⁄2 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) cansweet cream-style corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups baby shrimp (cooked & see note below pls)
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste (optional) or 1 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- salt and black pepper (to taste pref)
- fresh coriander leaves (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a lrg saucepan & saute spring onions & garlic over med-heat for 1 min, till softened but not caramelized.
- Stir in chicken stock, cream-style sweetcorn, shrimp & chili paste (or sauce, if using).
- Bring soup to a gentle boil, stirring occ. Season to taste pref & serve immediately sprinkled w/fresh coriander leaves.
- NOTE RE SHRIMP: If using larger prawns, chop in pieces roughly = in size to baby shrimp.
- COOKS TIP PER RECIPE: If cream-style sweetcorn is not available, use ordinary canned sweetcorn & pulse in a food proc till creamy, but w/some texture left.