Recipe by Chef mariajane
This recipe makes great appetizers for any weekend family night -
Top Review by heartshapedpan
I made these for New Years Eve and they were awesome. I altered the ingredients a lil by using a different flavor of jam. Apricot, and maybe a lil extra cayenne, cause the sweet/hot thing is a wonderful combo. I also used cashews since that's our families nut of choice. Sorry it took so long to review, but was thinking back to good things I had tried and this one was a definite winner. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup smuckers pure peach jam
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 large flour tortillas
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in red pepper, onions, jam, orange rind and cayenne.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of cream cheese mixture on each tortilla, then sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons nuts.
- Roll up tortillas in jelly-roll fashion and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To serve: unwrap and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices, discarding ends.