1/2 Photos of Spicy-Sweet Summer Squash Casserole
This spicy-sweet side dish is a perfect pairing for outdoor grilling, Sunday dinner, or pot luck gatherings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Prepare the squash by splitting each one lengthwise and scraping out most of the seeds, then slice to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 3Place frozen pepper/onion blend and prepared squash into boiling water. Boil until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Drain vegetables well, then mash.
- 5Stir in the beaten egg, creamed corn, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, and half of the crushed croutons. Fold ingredients together.
- 6Spray 9X13 glass baking dish with vegetable cooking spray, pour in the vegetable mixture.
- 7Top the casserole with remaining croutons and shredded cheese.
- 8Bake until golden and bubbly, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy-Sweet Summer Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.1
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 242.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen onion and three pepper blend
Italian cheese blend