Recipe by Stoblogger
This spicy-sweet side dish is a perfect pairing for outdoor grilling, Sunday dinner, or pot luck gatherings.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen onion and three pepper blend
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (5 ounce) baggarlic cheese croutons, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup Italian cheese blend, shredded
- salt (optional)
- white pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare the squash by splitting each one lengthwise and scraping out most of the seeds, then slice to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place frozen pepper/onion blend and prepared squash into boiling water. Boil until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain vegetables well, then mash.
- Stir in the beaten egg, creamed corn, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, and half of the crushed croutons. Fold ingredients together.
- Spray 9X13 glass baking dish with vegetable cooking spray, pour in the vegetable mixture.
- Top the casserole with remaining croutons and shredded cheese.
- Bake until golden and bubbly, about 25 to 35 minutes.