Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce is sweet and spicy, and can be thick or thin depending on how long you cook. **I discovered that you can substitute half ketchup for half the Worcestershire to cut the heat. Thats the way my DH prefers it, but I still love it spicy.
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Combine above ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a slow boil, whisk or stir until desired consistency 2-5 minutes.
- Serve warm. Will thicken a bit more as it cools.
While probably not the most visually appealing sauce (see photo) this sure did taste great! The only change I made was to use a few cloves of fresh garlic crushed rather than garlic powder which gave it a slightly lumpy texture but added a lot to the flavor. I went for the longer cooking time and also gave it about 5 minutes of resting time before serving so I end up with a nice thick consistency.