1/1 Photo of Spicy-Sweet Ribs and Beans Crock Pot
6 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe in Southern Living! Yummy! I've prepared this the night before on low to have done for an early dinner! I did tweak it. The optional ingredients were added to the original recipe from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) jar red jalapeno jelly (Used Ghost Pepper Jelly!)
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon green chili sauce (Tabasco Makes a green Jalapeno sauce but use any hot sauce of choice)
- 1Place beans in a 5-quart electric slow cooker; set aside.
- 2Cut ribs apart; sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- 3Place ribs on a broiling pan. Besides browning for taste this removes some of the fat.
- 4Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 18 to 20 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- 5Add ribs to slow cooker, and sprinkle with onion, garlic, and pepper.
- 6Combine jelly, barbecue sauce, and hot sauce in a saucepan; cook over low heat until jelly melts. (I just added right to the beans and it melted in with no problem).
- 7Pour over ribs; stir gently.
- 8Cover and cook at HIGH 5 to 6 hours or at LOW 9 to 10 hours.
- 9Remove ribs.
- 10Drain bean mixture, reserving sauce.
- 11Skim fat from sauce.
- 12Arrange ribs over bean mixture; serve with sauce.
- 13Serve on a bed of rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy-Sweet Ribs and Beans Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.8
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.1 mg
- Sodium 842.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 36.6 g
- Protein 54.3 g