Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Yummy and very messy! Enjoy!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup or 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 lbs pork spareribs, cut into sections
- To make sauce: Mix brown sugar, maple syrup, and flour to pot; stir well.
- Add water and stir well.
- Add all ingredients except ribs.
- Heat and stir until boiling and thickened.
- Place a layer of ribs in slow cooker, spooning sauce over layer and repeat till all ribs and sauce is used.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 hours.
These were great. We used a little less spice for our tender tastebuds. The maple syrup added a nice change.
I really liked the maple flavor as a change from the usual barbeque flavor ribs. I went a little light on the cayenne pepper, about 1 1/4t. instead of the 2 t. in the recipe and it was still very hot. Of course the meat was very tender. I recommend this recipe.
This is a great recipeallthough a little warm for me. The day after with the spice soaking in made the leftovers very warm spice wise. I would recomend anyone who doesn't like food screaming hot to onlyuse 1 tsp. of the cayanne pepper. Other than that this recipe was fabulous!awesome flavor.