Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Make and share this Spicy Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a zip-top plastic bag, toss potatoes and oil.
- Combine remaining ingredients; add to bag; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes.
We loved this recipe. We like onions, so I did add a whole onion chopped up in large pieces. I served this tonight with Jamaican Jerk Chicken (#83215) and won't do that again. The double heat factor was too much for me. I will be making this again (the Jerk Chicken too), but will let this be the one and only spicy item on the menu. DH says I'm a wuss.
Excellent! I have mixed several batches of the dry ingredients together(with some cinnamon added) and I store it in a large spice bottle. I make just one yam at a time for the two of us, so I toss it with the oil and 2 Tbsp of the mixture and they're ready for the oven!
These will definitely be made again.....loved them....so tasty and easy to make. The hardest part was cutting them up .....I followed the recipe exactly but only made 1 potato as it was huge. Will make more next time as these were gone in a flash! Thanks for a keeper !