Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From TOH. I love the idea of combining sweet and spicy.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss sweet potatoes and oil.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 11 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes.
These were good....I guess I was just expecting a little something different? Maybe I was expecting a little more flavor from the recipe. They just reminded me of sweet potato fries.
I made these as a side dish today. The brown sugar and cayenne pepper play off of each other in a nice way. I don't think it went well with what we were eating today but I think it would go wonderfully with a piece of meat or a hamburger. I will definitely be making these again.