Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spicy Sweet Potato
Make and share this Spicy Sweet Potato & Shrimp Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes or 1 lb yam, cooked and mashed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapenos or 2 tablespoons serrano chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon lawry's garlic salt
- 6 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- In medium bowl, combine potatoes, red pepper, onion and cilantro. Stir in egg, shrimp, bread crumbs, jalapeno pepper and salt; shape into 12 patties.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Mediterranean Blend spread over medium heat and cook 6 patties, turning once, 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining Spread and shrimp cakes.
Delicious and different. Spicy + sweet---my favorite. Substituting crawfish in season makes a nice variation, as well.